- Featured Homes
- Short Sales
- Home Inspection
- Madison MS Real Estate Market Stats
- Grayhawk Madison MS
- About Stephanie
- Community Information
- Featured Home
- Free Reports
- Just Sold
- Madison County Neighborhoods
- Rankin County Neighborhoods
- New Listings
- Subdivision Covenants
- Relocation Resources
- Metro Jackson Cities
- Open Houses
- Resource Center
Categories: Resource Center posted on May 4th, 2016
Sometimes sellers struggle with selling their home and can’t figure out why. There aren’t any big secrets about what buyers consistently dislike in homes. Here is a list of top 7 things buyers hate about homes.
- The home smells. Pet smells, garlic, fish, urine, and identified smells that won’t be discussed. Homes should have no smell.
- The owners are home during the showing. Most buyers want to openly talk about the pros and cons of the house while IN the house. They can’t do that while the sellers are there.
- The home is seriously cluttered. Toys, books, collections, and the family wall of photos have to go. They really don’t want to see dolls, guns, and dead animals.
- The home is dirty. A few dishes in the sink is one thing. Dirty clothes thrown on the floor, a shower that hasn’t been scrubbed in a while, and a stack of dishes filling the counters is another.
- A house with wallpaper. People cringe when they think about having to take down wallpaper. The occasional border and maybe one wall doesn’t seem to bother buyers, but lots of wallpaper sends many buyers scurrying.
- Bad do-it-yourself projects. Know enough to know what you can and can’t do well. Many homeowners just don’t have the skills to cut tile straight or do plumbing repairs correctly.
- “Enhancing” real estate listings. Teal carpet, cabinets falling off the hinges, and a home reeking of cigarette smoke are not move in ready to most people. Most buyers want to have some inkling of the true condition of the home in advertising.
Sellers and buyers talk about your homes. You can listen to a real estate agent, OR you can listen to the consumers. Hopefully both are telling you the same thing. Whether or not you choose to listen is up to you.
If you want some help to determine what things need to be done to get your home ready for sale call the team that can help. The Remore Team
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 at 8:26 am and is filed under Resource Center. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
- Staging your home!
- 5 Tips For The Best Home Showings – Madison MS Homes
- Cheapest Ways To Increase Your Home’s Value
- Noah’s Mill – Madison County MS Subdivsion
- The Remore Team – We work hard for you!
- Myths about home staging
- Why won’t my home sell?
- Selling Your Home? Call Stephanie Remore Today
- Why do you need a Realtor?
- 133 NOTTINGHILL PL CANTON, MS 39046
- 136 CARPENTER DR JACKSON MS 39212
- For Sale – 702 Napoleon Court Ridgeland, MS
- 704 WOODGATE DR MADISON MS 39110
- 1523 SHERMAN AVE JACKSON MS 39211
- MEET THE REMORE TEAM – We’ll work hard for you!
Copyright 2009 - 2010 Madison MS Real Estate & Brandon Mississippi Real Estate Listings, Reservoir, Jackson Homes