- Featured Homes
- Short Sales
- Home Inspection
- Madison MS Real Estate Market Stats
- Grayhawk Madison MS
- About Stephanie
- Community Information
- Featured Home
- Free Reports
- Just Sold
- Madison County Neighborhoods
- Rankin County Neighborhoods
- New Listings
- Subdivision Covenants
- Relocation Resources
- Metro Jackson Cities
- Open Houses
- Resource Center
Categories: Madison County Neighborhoods posted on January 12th, 2018
If you’re prepping a home for sale, what are the main areas of a home you should target with your staging—especially if you can’t stage every square inch? Walk through your home as if you are the buyers and look for things that would prevent you from purchase your home. If you look at it from a buyers prospective, you change things needed to have a successful sale.
Walk across the street and take a long, hard look at the exterior of your house and property. Put on your “buyer” hat and make a list of five to 10 things that are good about the house and five to 10 things that need work. At the very least, be sure to sweep the front porch and walkway, keep exterior lights on for showings at night, and park any extra cars somewhere else.
If your house needs work, get it done now. It’s the home inspector’s job to find out what’s wrong with your house, and long lists of repairs can scare off potential buyers. You’re still the homeowner, and repairs are your responsibility. Get them fixed before your house goes on the market.
Go through every closet and every room and get rid of the piles of your stuff. Buyers notice spaciousness. You’re selling the space. Throw it away, pack it for the move, give it away or have a garage sale – just get it out of the house.
Once you get all of the clutter out, straighten everything – drawers, closets, bathroom vanities, pantries, etc.All surfaces, baseboards, light fixtures, windows (both sides), carpet, flooring, bathrooms, appliances (don’t forget the oven), basements, garages, etc. No buyer wants to walk through a dirty house.
This entry was posted on Friday, January 12th, 2018 at 9:01 pm and is filed under Madison County Neighborhoods. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
- 412 SIERRA WAY MADISON, MS 39110
- 409 Araglen Dr. Canton, MS 39046
- 164 Buckhead DrMadison, MS 39110
- 136 LAKEWAY DR MADISON, MS 39110
- 112 Ironwood Plantation Blvd. Madison, MS 39110
- What is my home worth? Call The Remore Team for a Free Market Evaluation
- Don’t forget to ask these questions when buying a home.
- Tips for increasing your home’s value!
- SELLING YOUR MADISON MS HOME?
- Getting ready for your home inspection?
- Mega Multi-Million Dollar Producers – The Remore Team
- 145 Pembroke Circle Madison MS 39110 | MLS#302945
- 103 KLAAS BLVD MADISON, MS 39110 | MLS#302870
- 306 COLONY CT. MADISON, MS 39110 | MLS#304695
- 304 Forest Lake Drive, Madison MS | MLS#304806
Copyright 2009 - 2010 Madison MS Real Estate & Brandon Mississippi Real Estate Listings, Reservoir, Jackson Homes